Are you in Brazil? More specifically, are you in São Paulo? Are you pretty cool? If you meet the criteria above, we have a party for you to attend. Bonde do Role's DJ Gorky is getting older this week and we are throwing a party tonight at Surface to Air's Bar Secreto to celebrate. Not only will Bonde do Role be spinning records there (a set that will only be repeated at Ke$ha's gig here in Brazil), but also DJ Goos, myself (repping IM// UR, yo) and the Danish singer Jeppe will also be on the line-up!
In case you didn't know who Jeppe is (let's say your memory just needs some refreshing, because we are pretty sure you know), we selected 5 defining moments from his career...
1) Dude is credited with every alt, gay, lonely awkward teen and other minority types in the world to use "I was born this way, baby" as a mantra after being insulted or bullied, because, well, along with Lady Gaga, he is responsible for writing that hit. And even though we ain't fans of Gaga, you can't deny the success of this song. So, little monsters put your paws up and...
2) Remember Junior and Senior? If you do, you might recognize Jeppe, as he used to attend by the nickname of Senior. Yes. He was part of one of the coolest band ever. And I don't want to sound over excited, but 'Rhythm Bandits' is one of my favourite songs ever. I remember listening to it so much when I was in my teens, and knowing that Jeppe was responsible for that already granted him my eternal love. Deal with it.
3) OK, so Junior Senior was so good that they deserves two places in this list. And the next song I chose was 'Take My Time', which features the beautiful ladies from The B-52's, the best party band ever. How can anybody not love this?!
4) You know what else he was responsible for? Classixx's 'I'll Get You'. Everybody DJ'ed, remixed and loved that song and as a result of a caffeinated conversation, there is a big possibility that Jeppe will sing a Portuguese version of it taught it by Boss in Drama and I. It's so ridiculous that you won't want to miss it.
5) And finally the last spot. The Magician (do we still need to say that he was part of Aeroplane?) released his new song on Kitsuné and it features Jeppe. 'I Don't Know What To Do' is like a perfect combination of house and 80's synthpop. Like a remix of a classic song by the Pet Shop Boys with a chorus so sticky that it will burn itself into your brain.
See you cool Paulistas at Bar Secreto, innit.